Thursday, September 30, 2010

4 days

Friday 
  • finish up (paid) work
  • buy birthday present
  • buy watch battery for boy-child
  • washing
  • transfer a few more things to the netbook
  • write basic household operation list for husband
  • mark up calendar for next 5-6 weeks so husband and boy-child know where they should be and when
  • set up travel blog

Saturday 
  • finish most of the packing
  • copy important documents (pack originals + copy, and copy for home)
  • check folders of essential info - accommodation bookings, tickets, etc
  • more washing
Sunday
  • last of the packing
  • ensure there's nothing left to rot in the fruit bowl or fridge before the boys get back
  • lock up and head for Sydney
Monday
  • FLY!
This is it: after 12 months of planning and dreaming we're just about on our way. I've had my panic about work (but everything has come together beautifully today, and work stops at 5pm tomorrow no matter what). I've had my stress about money (but it's all worked out, and the bills for the next few weeks are paid up ahead of time, and there's plenty left to enjoy ourselves without going overboard). I've worried about what to take and what to leave behind, and whether I'm doing the right thing with the kids, and whether I'm biting off way more than I can chew. And none of that matters any more, because in four days we'll be in the air, on the way to London.

I can't wipe the smile off my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment