Friday, October 1, 2010

3 days

I've ticked off everything on the Friday list.

Work is finished for the next five weeks. I just need to put up the 'CLOSED' sign - or rather set up an automatic email response to say I'm gone and when I'll be back.

The birthday present is bought (and we remembered the batteries), and the X-man has a working watch (it's a funky Optimus Prime one he found in a secondhand store for $12 - a surprisingly nice solid one, and with a new battery it works beautifully. The young man who replaced the battery for me said he liked it so much he was tempted to swap it for his $400 watch, which impressed the X-man no end ;) ).

The washing is done. Of course, there's always more to do tomorrow, but such is life. The husband is organised (well, he has the list - the rest is up to him).

And the travel blog is set up. If you're interested, it's at www.travelpod.com/members/silsby . Don't bother going right now - there's nothing to see yet - but the plan is for Miss Tizz and I to blog daily, even if it's just a few words and a photo.

And how many people did I talk to about The Trip today? Apart from friends and family - three clients, a printer, and several people behind the counters in the shops I went to this afternoon. And the woman who emails me every month to try to sell me toner for the laser printer. And the bloke who answered the phone at the insurance company when I rang to make an adjustment to the policy renewal that arrived today. Just can't help myself at the moment :)

And just in time, the DVD I'd reserved at the library and waited for about 7 weeks arrived: French Kiss, with Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline. Well it does have French in the title! And that's what I'll be watching tonight to unwind from a mad week of tying up loose ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment