Friday, September 24, 2010

planning for paris

Today I received a stroll offer from Paris Greeter-Parisien d'un jour. Actually, it was a second offer - I had to refuse the first because it was only 1.5 hours before our Eiffel Tower booking, and on the opposite side of the city - we just wouldn't have made it in time. Fortunately the volunteer was able to make it earlier in the day, so we are all set for a stroll around the 12th arrondissement one morning in Paris :) It's a district I probably wouldn't have visited on my first trip to Paris, apart from the train station as we left on our way to Rome, so this is a great opportunity to explore a little further.

Femme au jardin (Claude Monet, 1866)
I also found out, thanks to the wonderful people in the Slow Travel forums, about a Monet exhibition at the Grand Palais which opened this week. Huge crowds are expected, and it was strongly recommended that I pre-purchase tickets, which I've done. Well, one ticket - Miss Tizz is under 13 and therefore is entitled to free entry. It's supposed to be one of the biggest exhibitions of Claude Monet's work ever put together, and we're very much looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment