Saturday, July 2, 2011

June reading

Chart Throb [Ben Elton] - from the public library

One of our Thursdays is missing [Jasper Fforde] - from the public library. Love it! This is part of a series about Thursday Next and Bookworld, and is very clever in the use of language. Did I mention I love it? Have borrowed a couple more books from the series from the library.

Quite a few more chapters of Jude the Obscure read on my Android phone (there's been a bit of sitting around waiting in the car)

Some book about unsolved crimes, the name of which escapes me at the moment.
[Added 5 July] It's The World's Greatest Unsolved Crimes [Roger Boar & Nigel Blundell] - no idea where it came from - perhaps a fete?

And I started a couple of Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus books that I'd borrowed from my mother, only to realise a few pages in that I'd read them and what's the point of a mystery when you know the answer? However, I'm in the middle of The Naming of the Dead, as I've only seen this as an episode in the Rebus television series, and a lot of the detail is lost in an hour and a half tv episode (although I can't picture Rebus looking or sounding like anyone but Ken Stott).

No comments:

Post a Comment