Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting a feel for Venice

Lately, when I have a free moment, I've been reading about Venice. At this stage, I'm trying to get a feel for the city - without having been there! - and an idea of which area I might like to stay in. It's not a huge place - I've read that you could walk from one end to the other in 40 minutes - so location probably isn't crucial as far as being able to get around is concerned. As we'll be there for a week or two, it's not as if we have to cram everything into a couple of days, and long meandering walks sound like a great way to get to know it.

I think I would prefer to have a little distance from the Piazza San Marco and the Rialto Bridge - the immediate area that all the day trippers from the cruise ships flock to. Of course, we'll go to both those places, but I'd like to stay somewhere a little further out - perhaps Cannaregio?

No comments:

Post a Comment