Thursday, September 15, 2011

The old grey mare


Time for a hair change. I've been avoiding the hairdresser because I couldn't decide whether to grow it or cut it, colour it or embrace the grey. To hell with it! Had it cut short on Tuesday, and am going in for colour today. But for a few days, this is what it looked like. All the blonde (the most recent colour) is gone - which gives you an idea of how long I've been dithering - the regrowth was (ahem) quite significant.

So now I know what my natural colour is. It's been something close to 20 years - mostly blonde (it was blonde to start with, but I kept lightening it as my natural blonde darkened), but with about three years of pink/purple/blue variations, and a few years a while back (perhaps 10 years ago) of bright orange followed by shades of darker brown. I attempted white blonde, but my hair has a lot of red in it, and it didn't stay pale for long without violet shampoo.

Thought about leaving the grey, but will delay that a little longer. In half an hour, it will change again ... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment