Saturday, February 5, 2011

January reading

I don't always read as much as I'd like to - the internet seems to have taken over my life - but these are the books I read during January:

Under the Tuscan Sun [Frances Mayes]

Actually, I read this one in December, but the other two in January, so I'm including the whole series.
Bella Tuscany [Frances Mayes]

Every Day in Tuscany [Frances Mayes]

These three are part of my Italian obsession :)

Sentence of Marriage [Shayne Parkinson]
Book 1 of Promises to Keep

This was a free ebook through Smashwords, and the first book I've read on my Android phone. I've been a bit resistant to reading on electronic devices, but I soon got used to it, and it's convenient to have it with me and not have to carry a bulky paper book.

Set in 19th century rural New Zealand, this is the story of Amy, a girl whose dedication to duty and dreams of a different life come into conflict. 

I also started reading the second book in the series, but only part of it is available for free. I may just have to cough up the USD1.99 each for the next three books ...

Lair of the White Worm [Bram Stoker]

From the author of Dracula. Read on the Android phone.
 
Torn [Chris Jordan]




(from the back cover) "Note to the reader: The interviews in this book are purely fictional, while having a solid basis in biographical fact. They take place between a fictionalised Michelangelo and an imaginary interviewer. They are preceded by an author's introduction to the subject and a short, factual profile of Michelangelo's life."

I wouldn't have paid the $16.95 it was originally priced at, or probably even the $4.99 sale price, but for $1.00 ...


And because it was school holidays, we watched a couple of movies: Tangled and Megamind. A bit sugary for my liking, but ok with kids, and Megamind has a soundtrack with the parents in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment