Saturday, June 26, 2010

reading list

I've been doing quite a bit of reading in preparation for The Trip. Thought it might be worthwhile including the books I've read, in case anyone else is looking for ideas. I can't remember them all off the top of my head, so I'll come back and add to the list from time to time. I may even try to organise the list into some sort of order ...



The Romans for dummies
Guy da la Bédoyère

The Roman Forum
David Watkin

Roma: the epic novel of Ancient Rome
Steven Saylor

Colosseum: Rome's arena of death
Peter Connolly

The Colosseum
Keith Hopkins and Mary Beard

The Da Vinci Code
Dan Brown

Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

The first man in Rome
Colleen McCullough

Antony and Cleopatra
Colleen McCullough

Ancient Rome on five denarii a day
Philip Matyszak

Eyewitness Travel Guides: London, Paris, Rome

eat pray love
Elizabeth Gilbert

Travel with Children (Lonely Planet)
Brigitte Barta

Sarum
Edward Rutherfurd

A year in the merde
Stephen Clarke


Alistair Horne

Amelie [film set in Paris]

No comments:

Post a Comment